Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
Want to show your Random Acts’ spirit? You might want to check out our official store: http://randomacts.spreadshirt.com/.
We have gear for the whole family - quite literally in our fearless Co-Founder, Misha Collins’ case.
P.S. Sharing is great, but not everyone enjoys sharing the same shirt at the same time.
Ready for another Act of Kindness?
Act 3: Kindness to Seniors is Golden.
Our seniors have a lot to offer. Why not take some time to get to know someone in their golden years this December (not to mention the rest of the year)?
Friendship doesn’t have an age limit. Why not drop by your local seniors’ center and offer to volunteer? Or spend some time with a senior neighbor or relative. A new friendship may be right around the corner.
So get out there and do some good for your elders this December. And don’t forget to drop by our blog for a few more ideas on how you can help.
People must learn to hate and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart.
#GivingTuesday may be over, but doesn’t mean you can’t still share the love. Guidestar is celebrating giving and the people who give life to charities with their generosity all month long. We hope you’ll join in the fun.
Here’s how you play:
- Take a photo of yourself holding a sign that says, “#IGive4 and the name of your favorite charity.
- Post your photo on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Tumblr with the hashtag #IGive4.
- Check out the #IGive4 tag to see all the awesome charities that are getting mentions and don’t forget to tag #theRandomAct.org if you choose to give us a shout-out!
Thank you, again, for helping us conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. You are our inspiration this December and every, single day.
P.S. Thanks to all of you who have shared your photos and stories on Twitter and Tumblr!
Act 2: Kindness Starts with You!
While you’re passing out holiday cheer this December, don’t forget to save a little for yourself. It’s easy to forget sometimes that being kind starts with yourself.
Take a little time to appreciate you for being you. You’re an amazing person and it’s your kindness and generosity that inspires us throughout the year.
We hope you’ll stop by our blog to read a little more, and that you’ll have an amazing day. You deserve it!
Amazing artwork courtesy of PaintingMouse.
What sunshine is to flowers smiles are to humanity…scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable." - Joseph Addison
Random holiday alert: It’s Giving Tuesday! This abnosome holiday was created to celebrate giving in a month that’s often dedicated to getting. We hope you’ll join in the fun by supporting your favorite non-profits so they can support those in need this holiday season - and throughout the year.
Need a few ideas? Check out our suggestions below or visit our blog:
- If you’d like help those affected by the recent storms in the Philippines, Red Cross Philippines and UNICEF are accepting donations through their websites and via text.
- CAWC provides a safe haven for women and their children, as well as a 24-hour bilingual hotline for those who need help. To find out more about the CAWC and to donate, you can visit their website.
- The Downtown Women’s Center is dedicated to supporting the homeless and low-income women of downtown Los Angeles’ Skid Row community. You can support the DWC through their Etsy store: MADEbyDWC.
- The Art Creation Foundation for Children provides the children of Jacmel with artistic skills that help them have a brighter future. You can find out more on their website.
- There’s also this crazy foundation that Misha Collins co-founded called Random Acts. To donate or to find out how you can get involved visit: www.theRandomAct.org.
P.S. Awesome artwork courtesy of LoveHateCupcake.
P.S.S. When it comes to cupcakes, we squarely come down on the love side.
This December, we’re inviting you to join us in celebrating our Twelve Acts of Kindness. We hope you’ll visit our blog throughout the month to share in our celebration and that you’ll invite your friends to join in the fun.
Act 1: Be Kind to Our Planet
Many people are inspired by our natural world. But not everyone may realize that human beings are the source of most, if not all, pollution in our environment.
We hope you’ll consider showing our planet some kindness this December (and every day) by cleaning up your act. Drop by our blog to learn more, and if you need a few ideas, why not consider:
- Organizing family and friends to clean up your neighborhood. Pick up litter, plants some trees, make a day of it and have some fun.
- Joining a local conservation group. Learn more about your community’s environmental needs, and then get out there and do some good.
- Keep it clean and encourage your friends to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Choose environmentally friendly items this holiday season. A gift you make (or remake through upcycling) is always meaningful.
- Consider your actions. Make smart choices when it comes to what you put into the environment.
- Be kind. Kindness to the planet is also kindness to plants, animals, and other people, and a little kindness goes a long way.
P.S.S. Photo by the amazing Charlotte Dolphin.
Today is the last day to show us how you would #DrawtheLove. Our contest ends November 30 at midnight EST.
We’ll be choosing a dozen inspiring images to become our official Random Acts digital kindness cards. And the winners will be awarded t-shirts and one of our amazing new journals signed by our fearless Co-Founder.
For full details, visit our blog, and don’t forget to tag your images with #theRandomAct.org and #DrawtheLove. We can’t wait to see what you’ve created!