Random Acts (TheRandomAct.org)
Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
— James Matthew Barrie
People must learn to hate and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart.
— Nelson Mandela
What sunshine is to flowers smiles are to humanity…scattered along life’s pathway, the good they do is inconceivable." - Joseph Addison
Random holiday alert: It’s Giving Tuesday! This abnosome holiday was created to celebrate giving in a month that’s often dedicated to getting. We hope you’ll join in the fun by supporting your favorite non-profits so they can support those in need this holiday season - and throughout the year.
Need a few ideas? Check out our suggestions below or visit our blog:
- If you’d like help those affected by the recent storms in the Philippines, Red Cross Philippines and UNICEF are accepting donations through their websites and via text.
- CAWC provides a safe haven for women and their children, as well as a 24-hour bilingual hotline for those who need help. To find out more about the CAWC and to donate, you can visit their website.
- The Downtown Women’s Center is dedicated to supporting the homeless and low-income women of downtown Los Angeles’ Skid Row community. You can support the DWC through their Etsy store: MADEbyDWC.
- The Art Creation Foundation for Children provides the children of Jacmel with artistic skills that help them have a brighter future. You can find out more on their website.
- There’s also this crazy foundation that Misha Collins co-founded called Random Acts. To donate or to find out how you can get involved visit: www.theRandomAct.org.
P.S. Awesome artwork courtesy of LoveHateCupcake.
P.S.S. When it comes to cupcakes, we squarely come down on the love side.